The mission of encouraging the practice of alternative dispute resolution methods and making Brazilian practices recognized worldwide involves partnerships with many national and foreign entities. Altogether, CAM-CCBC has cooperation agreements with more than 15 institutions, such as chambers, academic entities and research centers.
The policy of cooperation agreements began in 2008 with the Centro de Arbitraje Y Mediación – Cámara de Comercio de Santiago (CAM-Santiago), in Chile, and was further refined in the following years. CAM-CCBC has ties with institutions in Vienna, Cairo, Milan, Madrid, among other cities.
Get to know the latest partners of the Center and some of the main points of the cooperation agreements:
New York International Arbitration Center (NYIAC)
NYIAC is a non-governmental organization incorporated to promote international arbitration in New York. The entity does not conduct arbitration proceedings, but it provides infrastructure for hearings, develops programs and materials on the subject and supports the debate for the development of arbitration proceedings. Among the points provided for in the agreement are:
- Exchange of experiences and information on best practices in alternative dispute resolution; and
- Cooperation in the promotion of these practices through the organization of lectures, conferences and seminars.
Instituto Brasileiro de Direito da Construção (Brazilian Institute of Construction Law)
The Institute is a forum for academic and technical discussion of topics related to the sector, which aims to discuss public policies focused on construction, for example. Among the points provided for in the agreement are:
- Destination of a section of the CAM-CCBC library, which will be open next year, for works related to Construction Law and Arbitration;
- Joint organization of courses, seminars, and debates;
- Production and dissemination of content for the arbitration and legal community; and
- Exchange of knowledge, support, and experience relating to arbitration and construction law.