CAM-CCBC is offering two tickets for the International Dispute Professional Academy in Vienna, between 11-16 July (flight, accommodation and expenses not included). The scholarships are a part of the center’s commitment with supporting academic initiatives. Please find below all terms and conditions applicable:
The contest runs from now until 25 May 2019.
All persons between the age of 18 and 35 who currently reside in Brazil are eligible to enter the contest by following all three steps:
Step 2. Leave a comment on CAM-CCBC’s Facebook post about the scholarship of 05.14.2019 saying “I want to start my Dispute Resolution Career in Vienna”
Step 3. Invite 7 friends to the Facebook Event
Selection & Prices
Two winners will be randomly selected and will each receive one ticket for the Dispute Professional Academy Vienna from 1-16 July 2019 worth EUR 950, which does not include accommodation, flight services or other expenses incurred.
The winners will be notified by private message on Facebook within one week of the competition and have to claim their prize within one week.
The winners will be required to fill in their personal data on the application form for the IDPA Event.
The organizers of the Dispute Professional Academy retain the right to refuse admission to the course at their full discretion. Fluent English skills are a must have for admission. CAM-CCBC has no influence on this selection. In case a winner is denied course entry, another candidate shall be chosen randomly.
The data of the winners will only be given to the organizer of the Dispute Professional Academy. An informal message to CAM-CCBC is sufficient for information, correction or deletion of the data. All further liability is excluded.
This contest is organized by CAM-CCBC and in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook.
In case you have any queries, please contact our Business Development team at email@example.com
The initiative is aimed at the participation of Brazilian students in the summer programs of specialization in arbitration of the American University Washington College of Law (WCL). Stakeholders should have prior experience in arbitration and willingness to share experience in the CAM-CCBC events, thereby contributing to better dissemination in Brazil of best practices and advances in the application of arbitration mechanisms.
Its summer program offered by the Center on International Commercial Arbitration exposes participants to the skills needed to manage arbitration processes with the participation of international experts. The content of the curriculum is developed in order to present a complete picture of how international commercial arbitration works in practice.
Arbitration Specialized Summer Program Scholarship 2019
CAM-CCBC is offering a scholarship to WCL’s Specialized Summer Program. The scholarship includes:
1) Tuition fee for 6 courses.
2) Lodging fees in a double occupancy room at the American University dormitory (Cassell Hall); and
3) Flight to and from Washington, DC, in economy class.
In order to be eligible for the scholarship, the candidate must:
- Have prior experience in arbitration. Please indicate any experience: practicing experience, teaching, participation in moot competitions, etc;
- Have a Law Bachelor’s degree from a Brazilian law school;
- Have significant time spent in Brazil living and working (5 or more years); and
- Be available for sharing the experience in future events held by CAM-CCBC and by its Study Group on Arbitration and Mediation – “Professor Guido Soares Study Group”.
Candidates who wish to apply for the scholarship must provide the following information:
- Statement of interest (1 or 2 pages, written in English or Spanish);
- Letter of recommendation (in English or Spanish);
- Copy of university transcripts; and
- Any other documents in support of the application.
To apply, please send the documents indicated above to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, March 18 , 2019 (5:00pm DC time.)
Please address the letter to:
Carlos de Figueiredo Forbes
Centro de Arbitragem e Mediação
Câmara de Comércio Brasil-Canadá
Rua do Rócio, 220 – 12º andar – cj. 122
São Paulo – SP – Brasil – CEP 04552-000